Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Teeny Tiny #7: One week down, 51 to go!

So this little pair looks a lot littler than it really is.  It stretches a lot because I put three+ cables on it.  So I think it would still fit a small foot. 


The cables are just 1/1 and a twist every so often.  I twisted in the opposite direction on the second foot so they weren't just the same thing.  That's a pet peeve of mine.  This is especially fitting when you get socks with pictures on them.  I have a pair that have Le Chat Noir, but the cat is on the same side on both socks, so when I put them on, he is on the right side of each leg.  I realize this is to make production easier, because if you just have to make twice as many of the same sock it is more cost effective than making two different ones and then having to match them, etc.  It just annoys me.  /rant





These are made out of...Crystal Palace's Bamboo sock yarn, I think...I think...I also made my first sock out of this.  And when I say sock, I really do mean sock...there is only one.  I didn't write down the pattern, for one thing, and got incredibly sick of the thing (I had to take it out something like five times because it made me angry) so it is not getting a mate any time soon.  So there!

It's momma sock and baby sock!

I started by following a lily-of-the-valley pattern and decided I didn't like it...

So I ended up improvising.  A lot.

It's hard to take pics of socks while they're on your feet...



It has since been my resolution to make socks two at a time so that I HAVE to finish both.  Instead, they just sit on the needles both unfinished.  But that's better than the other option, isn't it, now?  I regret to say the same has happened to that rainbow glove I made.  The difference there is that I wrote down the pattern and do intend to finish the other glove at some point...just not right now.  :P



And with that, I am done for the evening!  Stay tuned for tomorrow's teeny tiny pair of socks!  They're a pretty blue!  YAY!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment