Sunday, January 30, 2011

Upcycling to the MAX!

I'll post more about the things I've upcycled in a few days, but just briefly and because the skirt is up for sale on my Etsy, so I wanted to show its origins!




Here is the original shirt I found at Goodwill.  It was a really big mens' shirt with a pretty awesome paisley/floral screen print on the front.  It is cotton ribbed stuff and I was going to make it into a pair of leggings, but since I usually use the sleeves as the bottoms of the legs, I decided it would be weird with the screen printing only on the top half of the leg.  So instead, it became a skirt:
 It's a pencil style skirt with the screen print cut in half on the sides and the back of the shirt in two other panels.



I like it better with the black in the front and the back, but it can be worn either way.  YAY Upcycling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment