Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's been a while...

I started knitting again.  Maybe it's a winter thing.

But I'm not knitting tinies anymore.  I'm more interested in mittens and scarves at the moment.  I made my abuelita a pair of mittens for Christmas, they're red and green with fair isle stars on them.  They're quite pretty. 

And I'm taking a computer programming class.  I'm learning Java and enjoying it quite a bit.  Perhaps I chose the wrong major?  I'm not sure.  My computer parts have all arrived and I put them all together.  The case isn't quite so colorful with the new PSU because the cable ties are black, but it's still pretty cool.  I'm excited to use my new GPU and CPU, they're both much better than what was in my last computer.  I'm going to make it a Hackintosh with Lion on it.

And I want to keep bees.  This is my new ambition.  I'm going to attend the Puget Sound Apiary Society's meetings and be an apprentice beekeeper for a while to see if I like it, then maybe I'll get my own bees.  I think it would be fun to "produce" my own honey.  It's more like you enslave the bees to make honey for you, but as long as you leave them enough to survive the winter, I suppose it's okay... :/

The fish are doing well.  I've been spawning them every morning this week and will be injecting soon.  Also expressing some proteins in E. coli to play around with it.  I'm not as enthusiastic about it as I was...but oh well.  Today I fantasized about dropping out and applying to be a nanny for this family in my neighborhood who has two young girls...until I realized it would not include a health insurance plan.

And now it's time for bed.  I've been up too long and went dancing on top of that, so I'm quite tired.  More computer science class tomorrow!  We're learning for loops. 

Cheers,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment